Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June is Dairy Month


It's hard to believe that it's already June 1st! Where has the year gone? Today also kicks off June Dairy Month - no big deal to some, a reason to celebrate for others.


I am often asked why my family & I would want to milk cows. The last couple of years have been some of the worst in history for dairy farmers, the hours are long, the work is hard...you get the idea. The upside is that we live & work on our farm (no hour long commute), it's a great place to raise a family, we get to work around animals every day, and we produce a wholesome, nutritious product to help feed the world.


While being a dairy farmer isn't for everyone, it's a job that we take pride in. I can't imagine myself working an office job in a major city, but I'm grateful for those who do because it takes many different kinds of people to keep our world running on track.


Celebrate June Dairy Month with dairy farmers across the nation by enjoying the products we help produce: cheese, ice cream, yogurt, and milk to name a few. Have a Dairy good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment