Thursday, May 5, 2011

Young & Old (?) Agree...Chocolate Milk is Good!

Among the many jobs I have, I work part-time at a veterinary clinic.  Most of my fellow employees are young enough to be my kids.  (sigh)  Just another one of those facts that reminds me that I'm getting older.  It's amazing what I've learned from some of those "kids".  I may not always understand what they're talking about, but I try to keep an open mind. 

We were working right along the other day when one of the girls said "Did you hear THAT?"! Apparently we weren't all paying attention to the radio, then again, I don't always agree on their choice of radio stations. 

She was floored to hear that chocolate milk was being banned from some schools.  Please keep in mind this is a young woman still going to college and has no intentions of having kids any time in the near future.  The general concensus was that chocolate milk should be left in the schools.  Period.  End of discussion.  (There are more articles with more information about the facts on chocolate milk at http://www.midwestdairy.com/)   

So if the younger generation knows chocolate milk isn't a bad thing, why can't everyone else understand this?  It's not like we're asking everyone to listen to the same radio station all the time.  As a mom, I have to put my vote in favor of lowfat chocolate milk.  I can honestly say it was nice to find something that we could all agree on.

No comments:

Post a Comment