Thursday, September 2, 2010

Fall Frenzy

I can always tell when school starts.  The calendar starts filling up, annual meeting notices show up in the mailbox, the State Fair comes and goes in a blur, and everyone starts murmuring, "What happened to summer?".  So here we are in September and there are Christmas decorations two isles down from the Halloween stuff.  Yep, it's happened...the Fall Frenzy is upon us.

We've already had a few cows freshen in and I'm sure the calf barn will be full within the next month.  Hubby has started cleaning machinery to be put away for winter.  A hay tally has been made and phone calls started to track down more hay to ensure we have enough to feed all the cattle through winter.  My ever growing box of receipts and invoices remind me that I haven't kept up with my bookwork nearly as well as I'd like to think.  Friends and neighbors are harvesting corn and soybeans.

Those are just a few signs that fall is slowly (or rapidly) taking the place of summer.  We always look forward to the beautiful scenery fall brings in the Ozarks and wish it would last a little longer.  Among all the meetings, appointments and various fall activities, we must remember to take time to appreciate the beauty that Fall Frenzy brings with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment