Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Dairy Moms Blogging in Iowa

It doesn't seem like a week and a half has already gone by, but it has.  That's how long it's been since I went to the I_Blog Conference in Perry, Iowa.  Most of my friends and family smiled politely or asked what I was talking about when I told them I was going.  Truth be told, most of them aren't quite sure what a blog is.  I did try to explain, but I'm not sure all of them understood.

I made some new friends and got to see some old ones.  I came home with some refreshing ideas and was ready to start blogging.  Everything was going great; I even sat down and blogged about what went on here at home while I was gone..and then my computer refused to sign on to the internet...for a week.  There aren't that many things that frustrate me to the point of complete anger, but this little problem pushed a few buttons that I wasn't aware I had.  At one point, I was even thinking of running over the computer in the driveway with a tractor and field roller; thankfully it didn't come to that. 

Another thought that crossed my mind (several times), was just getting in the truck and driving back to Perry, Iowa.  Staying in the Hotel Pattee was one of the most relaxing, enjoyable stays that I've had in a very long time.  I really can't say enough nice things about the place!  I rarely travel that direction, but if I'm ever near there again, you can bet that's where I'll stay.  The hotel has 40 unique rooms, with each decorated differently in honor of someone or something that relates to the history of the town.  You can see what a neat place it is at http://www.hotelpattee.com/ .  I will say that the pictures don't capture the true beauty of each room.


Karen Bohnert, Susan Anglin & Shannon Squibb 
Dairymom's serving up smoothies!
 I had such a nice stay that I almost forgot that I was there on business!  There were two other dairymoms (and some of the wonderful staff from Midwest Dairy) in attendance.  We made smoothies for everyone during the afternoon break on Saturday.  You can find several great recipes at http://www.dairymakessense.com/ along with the Blues Buster Smoothie we made.

If you feel the need to treat yourself, have a smoothie or get away for a few days in Iowa.  I'll be at the Hotel Pattee if I can ever manage to get away...but I'll probably just have a smoothie and call it a day for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment