Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wait! I'm not ready for January!

I didn't update my blog in December...at all.  What happened?  It's now January and I had some ideas of what I wanted to write about for December, Christmas and the holidays.  Life happened.  Just like everyone else, I had a full schedule and Christmas blew in and left just as quickly.  Thankfully it was uneventful...just like I wanted.

I worked extra hours at the vet clinic, had Christmas shopping to do, holiday baking, appointments, the cold weather gave us extra chores...well, you get the picture.  To top it off, our son got a puppy on New Year's Eve.  Yep, we've been a little busy.  Blogging just didn't get top priority.  I've talked with other people and they seem to have similar problems.  Maybe not the blogging part, but they've been busy and haven't done one thing or another that they had planned.

I did manage to get the Christmas shopping done on time (I shortened the list).  I found it easier to find gifts at farm & supply stores than fighting the crowds at the mall or even Wal-Mart.  I went through about 5 pounds of butter baking goodies to hand out to our neighbors, sales reps and the milk hauler.  (If you didn't get anything...please don't be mad; I didn't bake near as much as usual).  Cold weather always means longer hours caring for all of the animals because their comfort is a top priority.  There's always chores to do on a dairy farm and they seem to multiply when the temperature drops or the weather gets nasty. 

Then there's the puppy.  She's as cute as they come...and just as stubborn and independent.  It had been a few years since we'd had a puppy, so we're relearning everything that goes along with training.  I'll get a picture up as soon as I can.  If you don't see me on here as regularly as I was, don't worry...we're just busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment