Thursday, January 27, 2011

Magic Mom & Supper

We've all heard the cute stories about the things kids say or do.  I've told my fair share and was beginning to think my cute story days were over.  Then out of the blue, my 13 year old whipped out a remark that has still left me speechless.  I'd had a long day and the evening chores had about drained me of whatever energy was left. 

He was the only one who didn't have plans or wanted leftovers so I asked him the age-old question: What do you want for supper?

Kiddo: I dunno.
Me: I kinda need to know.
Kiddo: Whatever, I don't care.
Me: I can't fix that; there's no recipe for it.
Kiddo: Can't you just, you know, go into the kitchen and do that magic stuff you do and fix something and it's "poof" there and you tell us it's ready?
Me: ...(stunned silence)...Um...I'm out of magic.  What do you want to eat?

I'd love to tell you what he had for supper, but I honestly don't remember!  So to all the cooks in the family out there: If you find the recipe for "Whatever", "I don't care" or "Dunno", please share with the rest of us.  Our magic only lasts for so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment