Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day "off"?

Over the last year, I've gone from working part-time to full time at a veterinary clinic.  When added to the many jobs I have at home, there isn't enough time in the day to get everything done I'd like to.  For many of you, this is a very familiar story.  Normally I would have our house decorated for Christmas by now, but not this year.  I shudder just thinking about having to drag all of the wonderful decorations out of the basement that I've collected over the years.  There's still laundry to do, the refrigerator needs cleaning out, clothes to iron, my bookwork has been sadly neglected, I'm pretty sure the calf stalls need fresh bedding...yes, decorating for Christmas just isn't on the top of my list right now. 

I had today "off"; well, at least from the clinic.  As I sit here typing (knowing there are more pressing things I should be doing), I keep thinking of all of the chores I had planned to get accomplished today.  Didn't happen.  Nope, not today.  We needed to sort and wean beef calves.  Most farm &/or ranch wives out there will tell you: working cattle with your significant other (and family) can be a really stressful job.  Some will tell you it should be outlawed.  Rarely will you find a couple who can work cattle without at least one nasty remark being said.  Luckily, things went pretty good (all things considered) and nobody has threatened to move out of the house.  Hubby and I will celebrate another anniversary.  All in all, you can't ask for more than that.  Except maybe another day or two to get caught up!

No comments:

Post a Comment