Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween School Parties & Farm Kid Costumes


Princess, hero and...cow?
 
Halloween parties at school have now become Fall parties where we live.  Our elementary age kids are still allowed to dress up in costume and parade through school for everyone to see.  This is an annual tradition for the kids, just as much as organizing the party is for the parents.  I've always tried to do my part and can't count how many cheese trays, gallons of chocolate milk and other treats I've hauled into the classroom for the kids over the years.  Like most other Mom's, I did it because I wanted to and enjoyed alomost every minute.  Unfortunately, my boys have now grown out of the elementary tradition.  The parties will always be great memories for me with the exception of arguing over costume ideas.



The only kid dressed as a cow.

Costumes always brought about the biggest delimma.  My idea of a great costume didn't always agree with my kids.  Go figure.  Farm kids are just like all other kids and want to be something or someone really cool on Halloween.  My boys have been a country singer (with guitar), a fireman, batman, farmers (one even with an inflatable tractor), football players, and one year my greatest challenge...a cow.  What started out as a great idea for both Mom kid ended in doubt for my son.  The closer to the big day, the greater his doubts about wearing an inflatable cow costume became.  In the end, Mom won (sort of) and kiddo wore the costume.  I have pictures to prove it.  What I don't have pictures of, is me in my cow costume.  Yep, Mom had to wear one too.  Ah, the things we do for our kids.  I'm sure another mom snapped a picture of me in my full cow glory, but I haven't tried too hard to find it.

1 comment:

  1. I love the inflatable cow costume, u should of done a video of him in gettin into the costume

    ReplyDelete