Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Quality Time & New Hats

How many people can say they wish they could have more quality time with their spouse?  I'm one of the few who can say that I spend a lot of time with my husband.  We work together almost everyday (except the few days I work at the vet clinic) so we spend more time together than apart.  It's a good thing we get along so well.

Today I got to go on a "parts run" (or go after a parts for a piece of machinery).  This meant we would spend over 2 hours in a vehicle without kids and spotty cell phone service.  I have to admit I caught myself thinking about the things I needed to get done in the house...laundry, dishes, vacuuming, ironing, etc.  On the other hand, it was pretty nice to have some company since I usually end up going on errands by myself.  All in all, it was a good trip.

Farm supply stores, machinery dealers, feed stores and the like usually give hats to regular customers.  It's a great way to advertise because what farmer doesn't wear a hat?  Hubby was in need of a new hat, so he asked if they had any.  I was really surprised when the wonderful lady brought one out for me too.  This doesn't happen very often and I usually get swindled out of mine when I get home.  I'm pretty sure that won't happen this time...it's pink, really pink.  So "Thank You" to the awesome gal at the parts counter and  I'll take all the quality time I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment